>>From: Andre Poenitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: Re: Does LyX complain about broken label or citation references?
>>To: Lars Gullik Bjønnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:17:53 +0200 (CEST)
>>CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>>> We could also take this into account when writing out the latex
>>> document: never output an unreverenced label, or an reference that point
>>> to nowhere...(the second is more questionable)
>>
>>I find both questionable. Suppose you want to cooperated with people that
>>use plain LaTeX that insert their labels for later use, or suppose your
>>LaTeX export will be part of something bigger that needs to reference it.
>>
>>"Clever" things tend to be stupid things in some cases and the last thing I
>>want to see in LyX are MS Word like features like "automatic correction of
>>ill-behaving users"... If someone put in some label, he likely had a
>>reason to do so. There is not point to "correct" this -- unless explicitly
>>asked for, of course.

In the same line, why not output the dvi/ps/... even in error ?
Using laTeX, I don't count the number of documents which got printed and
used with remaining errors. When you're at the deadline, you
become less particular about unsolved typographic problems...

Of course, export to LaTeX, compile and xdvi solves it, but
that's a good reason to do it the same way in LyX. « Normal » LyX users
(i.e those who never use ERT) won't see the difference as LyX
hopefully is never in error by itself :-)

As we are to preferences, did I understand correctely that 1.1.6
does not allow anymore to have the current dir as default ?
With the new interface, you have to give en abolute path, so that
the browse menu offers « Home » or the lasr dir set in the preferences dialog.
. does not seem any more allowed.

--
Jean-Pierre