On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 08:40:58PM +0200, Klaus Vink Slott wrote:
> Just saw thread about installing lyx on a RH7.1 system. There was a lot
> of messages about RH politics, compare other distributions ect. But I
> saw no messages whith actual help.
>
> Is it possible to get Lyx working on a RH 7.1 using rpm packages?

Yes.  I'm using RH 7.1 with rpm packages.
It looks like I've got lyx-1.1.6fix2-1.i386.rpm (yes, I haven't
installed fix3 yet) and xforms-0.88-3.src.rpm.  I can't recall where I
got the xforms rpm from, but <http://rpmfind.net> would be a good place
to start looking.  If you've never used a source rpm before, it isn't
hard.  Just
        rpm -rebuild <rpm-file>.rpm
Then wait for it to do all the rebuilding, and somewhere in that list of
long messages, will be one near the end saying that it's built the
binary rpm file.  Take that as your binary rpm file and install in the
usual way.

Happy LyXing!

Kathryn Andersen
Jim: The perp was apprehended and taken off the street, sir.
Simon: Yeah? At what cost?! Do you ever think about what you do?!
Jim: Normally, sir, I just do it.
                                 (Sentinel: Deep Water)
--
 _--_|\     | Kathryn Andersen          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
/      \    |   <http://www.katspace.com>