On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 08:46:16AM +0200, Guenter Milde wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 19:56:04 +0300 (EEST) wrote Tuukka Toivonen
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > tocloft seems to be working fine and my TOC styles are now
> > perfect... except that I'd like to have the section headings typesetted in
> > CAPITALS (not just small caps) just like inside the article body. However,
> > \uppercase doesn't seem to be working (from my preamble):
>
> So, maybe having the headings in "real" uppercase would be the most clean

Another solution for uppercase sections is the following:

\let\oldsection\section
\renewcommand{\section}[1]{\oldsection{\uppercase{#1}}}

Put these commands in the preamble (if yuo use tocloft), or after the toc
(if you don't use tocloft).
It will change the case both in the text and in the toc.

> time, Caps-lock is your friend and the effort is minimal) but there is a bit
> of help by LyX's upcase-word command. Unfortunately it does not work for a
> region but only for the (rest of) the word the cursor is in.

IT does work for a region in the CVS code.