>>Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 14:03:36 +0300
>>From: Dekel Tsur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: Rodrigo Alexandre Ribeiro Canellas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, LyX
users <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: Re: customizing Environments
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, LyX users <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>>On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 05:17:23PM -0300, Rodrigo Alexandre Ribeiro Canellas
wrote:
>>> Very new user posting first question!
>>>
>>> How can I change a Environment?
>>
>>Usually, with ERT.
>>
>>> For example:
>>>   - I want to change the font type used in Standard Environment
>>
>>You probably meant here changing the font for the whole document.
>>Changing the font size can be done in the document dialog.
>>Changing the font to a sans serif font can be done by putting
>>  \renewcommand\familydefault{\sfdefault}
>>in the preamble (open the preamble dialog using the layout->latex preamble
>>menu).
>>
>>>   - After pressing RETURN at the end of a Standard, I do not want the
>>> Santard below to be idented
>>
>>Open the document dialog, and change separation from Indent to Skip.
>>
>>>   - I do not want the font of the Paragraph to be bold
>>
>>Put the following lines in the preamble:
>>
>>\usepackage{sectsty}
>>\paragraphfont{\normalfont}
>>

>>>   - After pressing RETURN at the end of a Paragraph, I want the next to
>>> be a Paragraph, not a Standard
>>
>>I don't understand what you meant here.

I guess that Rodrigo would like to remain in paragraph mode after newline.
I'm afraid that there may be a misunderstanding with the preceding requirement.

When you select paragraph, the words on the line are in bold (e.g. foo)
and the paragraph text (e.g. bar, after the next newline) in normal font:
it is labeled Standard, but it comes on the same line in the dvi output, like
foo bar
(with boldfont foo and normalfont bar)
If you want another paragraph, you have to reselect Paragraph on the text
paragraph title words (or M-p 5). There is no such thing as entering
paragraph mode as for itemize, enumarate ad description.

If you have a sequence of boldface words followed by an explanation in
normal font, Description works like itemize and will do it (keep boldface
words together with protected blanks).

--
Jean-Pierre