I just purchased a Handspring Visor Deluxe & Stowaway keyboard with the
intention of using the system for writing.

I know the document / database format for the Palm is substantially different
from those used on any other system, however I recall seeing tools that can
transfer several different document formats into documents that can be read /
edited on the Palm.

So, my plan(s) are to do something like this:

- Get a word processor for the Palm (so far, WordSmith looks like the best
one)
- Get a major RAM upgrade (I going to put 128meg on the Palm - should be more
than adequate for anything that I need).

Now, given these intentions, the question arises: how am I going to exchange
documents with LyX?

I know there are tools for generating JDoc files that run under Linux, and
that will allow me to get the documents into the word processor on the Palm.
However, getting these tools is only half the battle.  The following
question(s) remain:

- Has any one found a good way to transfer LyX documents into a format that
can be compiled into JDoc?
- Has anyone looked at a good way to difference / merge the documents after
they are transferred back from the Palm machine?
- Has anyone looked at a way to integrate the tools for exchanging the
documents into LyX? (I assume a set of shell, perl, or Python scripts could
be used to automate the whole process.)

I would appreciate any feedback anyone may have on this.

Thanks!

// George