On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, George De Bruin wrote:

> Question: what software are you using to sync your HandEra under Linux?  I've
> been trying to use KPilot, but it's been a pain (doable, but a real pain).

I use jpilot with a HandEra (Fernando mentioned he doesn't know if it
is HE compatible). It's just a straight Palm as far as jpilot cares.

I (in disagreement with most people) don't like the jpilot GUI at all;
so I use the palm for most things apart from tiny edits or pasting in
new memos. I've written my on scripts to prepare files for
installation (append to ~/.jpilot/jpilot_to_install etc) and I have a
background shell which loops on "jpilot-sync" (jpilot-sync has it's
own looping, but that doesn't work with network-sync).

jpilot keeps .pdb's in it's directory btw, which is good because you
can read them with standard pdb decoding tools (eg. to extract memos,
or extract addresses---I have a cronjob to read my address book for a
particular category and mail it out to people as a "recent contact
list").

jpilot's month-calendar printing is quite nice too.

I don't use jpilot's backup features, as I backup to CF.

Nick

--
Part 3 MEng Cybernetics; Reading, UK       http://www.nickpiper.co.uk/
Change PGP actions of mailer or fetch key see website   1024D/3ED8B27F