It seems, the problem is that hyperref redefines \contentsline, because it
needs additional information. So you have to provide the extra argument. If
I add the extra argument as shown below everything works fine with the
hyperref package.

%\addtocontents{lof}{\protect\contentsline {part}%
%       {\protect\figurenameToC}{\protect\relax}{Figure}%
%}

Thanks for all your help.
-Enrique