Greetings,

Brand new convert to Lyx here :-) I must say that I love the ease of getting
the job done, but I've run into a few sangs. I'd appreciate any bones that
can be thrown my way.

I am running Debian, and installed Latex/Tetex and Lyx through the standard
'apt-get' method. All works well, ~except~ when I attempt to change the
pre-defined variables for line spacing (single, 1/2 double) and or font type
in any document that I create.

I tend to use the "new from template" feature, and have found that changing
these values through the menus, results in a slew of errors when it comes
time to view the dvi output. In almost ~all~ cases, the error is to the
effect that I am missing a required ".sty" file (which I assume is a style
definition).

Questions:

1. Are these not automatically included in the Latex / Lyx distributions
released for my system?

2. If they are not included, how do I go about either getting them and/or
writing the necessary style def files?

Many thanks,
C. Masters