On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 11:52:01AM +0000, Etienne Grossmann wrote:
>   I'm afraid not :

Sorry, my mistake.

>   There must be something I did not understand; maybe another
>   iteration? Let me see, your keyboard sends latin-2 codes or, just
>   ascii or latin-1? I don't know for sure what characters X echoes. In
>   your case, does it send to LyX latin-2, or ascii characters?

OK, this is the problem. Of course, that I am using latin-2
keyboard in X, so that LyX gets latin-2 characters on the input.

I took your file and just add one line to it. See the result (and
let me repeat, that it is _correct_ result for latin-2 encoded
LyX documents).

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse
every time Congress meets
        -- Will Rogers

#LyX 1.1 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 218
\textclass article
\language english
\inputencoding auto
\fontscheme default
\graphics default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\papersize Default
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 0
\use_amsmath 0
\paperorientation portrait
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation indent
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle default

\layout Standard

For me, who've never seen any, \i \v{e}
 is a strange character.
\layout Standard

And for me, who's plenty of them is ě beautiful.
\the_end