Wow it seems that I answered this one yesterday, except that in that case it
seemed that the clown hadn't even bothered to download the IEEE layout files.

Have you done the following.....
placed the files in a place where they can be found?
ie
usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/
Run texhash from the command line?
Reconfigured LyX?