Hi,

I setup Windows XP on my computer (clean install) and so had to setup Lyx again. However, when I try starting the Cygwin setup program from the LyxInstall directory, it goes till the root directory (C:/cygwin) question and then the local package directory (C:/LyxInstall) and then crashes and I get a Microsoft error message which looks as follows:

AppName: setup.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: msvcrt.dll
ModVer: 7.0.2600.0 Offset: 00034157

Has anyone experienced this? Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I'm using the latest Cygwin release (1.3.9) and downloaded all the Lyx install files from the Lyx windows port section.

Thanks,
nirmal