I'd go along with what Ronald said, especially the bit about your
publisher/printer's tastes (if you're lucky, you'll find one that accepts a
straightforward TeX document, but this is a rarity outside academic
publishing).  I still think Knuth's Computer Modern fonts provide the most
elegant solution, though, since the different faces are designed to go well
together.  OTOH, if your printer asks for copy in PDF format (as apparently
most do these days) you may have problems using non-Adobe fonts.

BTW, I heard on another list that printers aren't keen on the PDF output from
ps2pdf.  Anybody know what the problem is?

Robin