Sorry about the missing file.

Attached is the file which crashed. The figures used are not attached,
but I can send them if anyone requests them.

I also tried to run a backtrace as explained in the Lyx introduction. I
got the following:

GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.1.90CVS-5)
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/amir/tmp/lyx-1.2.0/src/lyx
begin minipage
minipages in a row
start new minipage
last minipage par read

0x081876d9 in Paragraph::Pimpl::getChar ()
Current language:  auto; currently c++
(gdb) info locals
No locals.
(gdb) up
#1  0x0818635c in Paragraph::getChar ()
(gdb) info locals
No locals.
(gdb) up
#2  0x081a5daa in LyXText::rightMargin ()
(gdb) up
#3  0x081a6066 in LyXText::nextBreakPoint ()
(gdb) up
#4  0x081a827a in LyXText::breakAgain ()
(gdb) up
#5  0x081b2bd3 in LyXText::fullRebreak ()
(gdb) up
#6  0x08257351 in InsetText::draw ()
(gdb) up
#7  0x0824c56b in InsetTabular::draw ()
(gdb) up
#8  0x081a44e8 in LyXText::drawInset ()
(gdb)

In this case the lyx window did not disappear but the program stopped
responding.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Amir.