On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:20:56 +0200, you wrote:

> seguso wrote:
>
> > it is not the same thing. CTRL+ENTER puts a newline, but without left-indent...
> >
> > whereas the latex code I wrote puts a left indent and also a vertical space
>between paragraphs.
>

> hm, I do not understand ...
>
> look at the attached lyx-file

Thanks Herbert,
I looked at it, and it is not what I need.

What I need is that my DVI looks like this:

1.   This is the first item, and spans
     only one paragraph. It has no left
     indentation, as you can see.

2.   This is the second item, and it
     spans two paragraphs. This is the
     first paragraph and has no indenta-
     tion.
         This is the second paragraph, and
     is indented. But it has no numbering,
     because it belongs to the same enu-
     meration item, the second item.

whereas your lyx file, when made a DVI, looked like:

1.   This is the first item, and spans
     only one paragraph. It has no left
     indentation, as you can see.

2.   This is the second item, and it