On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 12:08:40PM +0200, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> >> I'm using lyx 1.2 for a couple of weeks now and is is great. However today I
> >> started writing a text and got a strange behaviour. Everytime I press a key
> >> for the second time , e.g. "mm" nothing happens. This happens for all keys
> >> including backspace, space and so on.
> >
> | This is the third or so report on this, but we couldn't find out the
> | problem. Try fiddling with your X key repeat settings ...
> >
> >> WorkArea: Key is `l' [108]
> >> WorkArea: Keysym is `l' [108]
> >> Using keysym [B]
> >> Workarea Diff: 0
> >
> | This diff should NOT be 0 !
>
> exactly! a bug in the xserver!

This seems a hasty conclusion ...

> I did have a look at this earlier, and I found that on my laptop I
> only see this when comming out of suspend. Which implies a bug in the
> XServer. But anyway, we might be able to handle it, but it is very
> hard without having separate events for key pressed and key released.
> (a bug in XForms IMHO)

FL_KEYRELEASE is in 0.89+ according to the source. Since you can
reproduce this, could you look further ? This whole code makes me very
nervous - where is the guarantee of monotonicity for xke->time ?

This makes LyX totally unusable for people seeing this problem

regards
john

--
"The simpler it is, the harder it is."