John Levon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| > | This is the third or so report on this, but we couldn't find out the
| > | problem. Try fiddling with your X key repeat settings ...

| > | This diff should NOT be 0 !
| >
| > exactly! a bug in the xserver!

| This seems a hasty conclusion ...

perhaps... but the bug that makes the diff be 0 is not one of LyX's

| > I did have a look at this earlier, and I found that on my laptop I
| > only see this when comming out of suspend. Which implies a bug in the
| > XServer. But anyway, we might be able to handle it, but it is very
| > hard without having separate events for key pressed and key released.
| > (a bug in XForms IMHO)
|
| FL_KEYRELEASE is in 0.89+ according to the source.

But it is never called...

| Since you can
| reproduce this, could you look further ? This whole code makes me very
| nervous - where is the guarantee of monotonicity for xke->time ?

It is a timestamp...
I can, as said, only reproduce it on a box that comes out of
suspend... there I have no keyrepeat working in any program because of
this diff thing, also it impossible to cut/copy and paste anything in
any program...

| This makes LyX totally unusable for people seeing this problem

How many are that?

--
        Lgb