You can't use pstricks with pdf. If you created it in dia,
then you should save it as .eps. Then run epstopdf on it to get a .pdf, or you can
use tex2pdf on your document, which will do the epstopdf automagically.

tex2pdf can be found at
http://tex2pdf.berlois.de/

My thesis uses lots of dia pictures, but no pstricks, and it works great with pdf.

Ben.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 11:53:40AM -0400, Nirmal Govind wrote:
> I have a figure that I created in dia and exported to Pstricks tex format.
> I then input the file in LyX. The postscript output is fine but when I
> export to PDF using any of the three methods, the figure is missing. How do
> I get the figure in the PDF file without using ps2pdf on the ps file
> directly?

I've heard of a similar 'pdftricks' package, but never used that.

Andre'