I hadn't, but I just tried. It ends up the same. I installed the src.rpm
package now, since the rebuild option doesn't work on the rpm. It
started compiling and I did not see any complaints, but I had not
installed libXpm, which is needed for the compilation. I had XForms,
though. Running the lyx command in a terminal window runs LyX without
any complaints, but it still has the same problem, that is, it lacks the
functionality I was talking about. Is there any way I can change this?