Tuesday 15 October 2002 02:35, skreiv jonas nicolaisen:
> Hi,
>
> Scandinavian letters...

Personally I try to avoid ert for individual letters if I can. If you feel the
sameway try one of these methods.

If you need it only for a couple of instances (and you use kde) you can use
the KCharselect utility and forget about latex coding.

 If you are going to use these letters on a regular basis I would changed the
behaviour of some keys (like the windows keys) to provide these letters. Try
the xkeycaps utility.
Or put somthing like

keycode 0x75 = aring            Aring   oslash
keycode 0x74 = Ooblique ae      AE

in your /etc/X11/Xmodmap for norwegian language. (don't forget to restart X)
This will give you æøåÆØÅ with tghelp of the two windowskeys to the left of
the spacebar (together with shift and alt_gr).

Ingar