Max Bian wrote:

Well, if I am mistaken, GV needs the ghostscript to display anything.
So if gv works fine then you probably not passing the right parameters
to the ghostview when printing.

The similiar problem happens to me due to a bad EPS figure I included. Try remove the recently added figures and see it that helps. Figure
out which figure that causes the problem, and do something about it.

One other thing, if you recently updated or changed configuration of
gs/gv/printer, you probably messed up something.

If still not working, post the document. There are people who can help.

Max
--- "Richard A. Bilonick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

For some reason, gv can view the Postscript generated by LyX but it
is NOT printable by ghostscript or real Postscript interpreter.

This is a serious problem. I have no way of using this document now
that I have input it into 1.2.1 and output. I imagine that 1.1.6fix3 won't
be able to input the LyX document.

Rick B.

Please see my latest post on this. gv displays the document EXCEPT for page 9. There is something about the eps graph created by R that ghostscript doesn't like. I'm at a loss to explain it because the graph on page 9 is very similar to the ones on pages 8 and 10. I would be happy to upload the graphic. I've tried recreating it and it still won't display in the LyX Postscript version, even if I create a new LyX document with only the eps graphic, even though gv will view the graphic itself directly without any error messages.

Rick B.