Von: Michael Abshoff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. Dezember 2002 09:24
An: Bruce Sass
Cc: M. B. Schiekel; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: Lyx-1.2.1 with SuSE-8.1

Bruce Sass wrote:

>On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, M. B. Schiekel wrote:
>

>>Hallo everybody,
>>
>>beg your pardon for 2 beginner questions.
>>Now that I went from my stable SuSE-7.3, Lyx-1.6.1 to SuSE-8.1
>>I'm encountering many problems - here are 2 Lyx questions.
>>
>>1. SuSE-8.1 comes with Lyx-1.2.0 - and Lyx installs and runs.
>>Next I installed (rpm --upgrade) from the lyx-server:
>>Lyx-1.2.1-1rh8-xforms089.i386.rpm .
>>

>             ^^^
>

>>Then I got the following ' failed dependencies':
>>   tetex-xdvi, tetex-latex,

You should know that SuSE 8.1 doesn't install anything TeX-related even
when
you choose all software-packets during the installation. That means that
you should
install

    - pdf_te
    - psutils
    - dvitools

with yast2. Than there shouldn't be any problems installing a lyx-binary
compiled
for SuSE. If you want to compile lyx you have to install the package
xformsd.

Let me know if you need any additional help.

Michael

--
Michael Abshoff - MRB - Universität Dortmund - Telefon 755-3463 (intern)

   Where do you want to RTFM today?