Peter> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes said:
> [...]
Peter> I'd like to be able to "include" (like in the C preprocessor
Peter> sense) some external flat text files in my LyX document.

Peter> I have the following requirements:

Peter> 1. Whitespace must be preserved. 2. The file must be read
Peter> "live" when the .lyx is built into another type of file (i.e.
Peter> PDF) 3. The font should be different (i.e. roman for normal
Peter> text, currier for the "included" text).

Insert> Include file>verbatim shold fulfill these requirements.

Peter> Nope. That whacked out my whitespace (tabs in particular).

OK, if you need tabs, then try to add
  \usepackage{moreverb}
  \let\verbatiminput=\verbatimtabinput
in the preamble. I did not try it, so I am not sure what the result
will be.

JMarc