Dekel Tsur wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 12:37:51AM +0100, Holger Zebner wrote:
> > how do I place figures which are included in floats exactly where they
> > should be in a text?
> > So far, I used to put "!h" in the "extras" box of "Layout |  Document".
> > But figures keep appearing somewhere out of context like one or two
> > paragraphs later.
> >
> > With Lyx Version 1.5-fix I got it made after some time but since I have
> > upgraded it doesn't work and when I open my old documents the seem to have
> > all problems with floats.
>
> It is possible to have floats that don't float:
> 1. Upgrade to LyX 1.2.3
> 2. Click with the right mosue button on the float, and select the
> "Here, definitely" button.

By the way, I have noticed in 1.2.1 (and 1.2.0) some problems with the choice
"bottom". When I choose "top", latex more or less works (depends on the number of
floats) but when  choose "bottom", latex seems to fail and all my figures go at
the end of the chapter.

Also, how can the order be set in the present dialog box. I'm no latex expert, but
isn't there a difference between "tb" and "bt"?

Regards,

Olivier.