There have been a lot of questions and answers regarding math fonts in
this mailing list. Inspite of trying everything that was said, esp:
http://ev-en.org/wiki/moin.cgi/LyxQtFAQ

I have still been unable to get it working on Lyx, although I am able to
view the fonts using xfontsel. I am using a tetex 1.0.7 system and KDE
3.1, QT 3.1.1 on Solaris 8. Also, I am able to view the fonts using KDE
Control Center -> System Administration -> Font Installer. Has anybody got
the fonts working on Solaris? I checked the configure script to check what
could be the mistake. It uses kpsewhich $font.$ext to extract the location
of the files. kpsewhich is unable to detect the path location of my
BaKoMa fonts and as a result, it fails. Am I supposed to install BaKoMa on
my teTeX system? Nobody has talked anything of this?

Krishna.