On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 12:55:07PM +0000, John Levon wrote:

> Can you please reply to the list too ?

Of course I can. By the way I subscribed the lyx-users mailing list and
got no reply whether my subscription was successfull or not. I've tried
to send an (empty) email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and got nothing.
So I do Cc: lyx-users :-)

> On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 01:50:02PM -0500, Kamil Anis wrote:
>
> > The problem is that the words in Spellchecker dialog namely in Unknown:
> > and Replacement: are displayed right with diacritic marks while the
> > words in the Suggestions: box are wrong (with question marks). So I
> > supposed this is the ispell's problem. I've tried to spell some
> > plain/text document from command line
>
> Then, this is an ispell problem, I guess. It's not returning the
> suggestions to us in the right encoding.

I don't think so. I had no troubles with spellchecking in 1.2.x. So this
either LyX or Qt problem. Note that me and people from my nbhood use

Qt: 3.0.5
KDE: 3.0.3-8 Red Hat
KDesktop: v1.9.8

and they have the same problem :(