Kamil Anis wrote:
> I don't think so. I had no troubles with spellchecking in 1.2.x. So this
> either LyX or Qt problem. Note that me and people from my nbhood use
>
> Qt: 3.0.5
> KDE: 3.0.3-8 Red Hat
> KDesktop: v1.9.8

OK, it is the same problem here (and the same language). See
attached, what I tried (there is even .pdf file to show you, what
was intended result -- although the kerning with this font is
really horrible :-) and what where the results of spellchecking
(BTW, there is no typo in the text).

I have LyX 1.3.0-qt (Debian .deb from dpt.tuxfamily.org), Debian
(woody), Qt 2.3.1, KDE 2.2.2 and the following in in
~/.lyx/preferences:

   # SPELLCHECKER SECTION ##############################
   #

   \use_escape_chars true
   \escape_chars "áÁäÄčČďĎéÉěĚëËíÍľĽĺĹňŇóÓôÔöÖřŘšŕŔŠťŤúÚůŮüÜýÝžŽ"
   \use_personal_dictionary true
   \personal_dictionary "/home/matej/.ispell_american"
   \use_input_encoding true

BTW, I have found another bug -- when leaving spellchecking
dialog box with ESC, LyX crashes (I will file it immediately to
bugzilla).

   Have a nice day,

      Matej

--
Matej Cepl,
Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

My point was simply that such tax proposals [for Pigovian taxes
compensating for the transaction costs] are the stuff that dreams
are made of. In my youth it was said, that what was too silly to
be said may be sung. In modern economics it may be put into
mathematics.
    -- Ronald Coase
       Notes on the Problem of Social Cost

#LyX 1.3 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 221
\textclass scrartcl
\begin_preamble
\setlength{\overfullrule}{5pt}
\deffootnote{1em}{1em}%
        {\textsuperscript{\normalfont\thefootnotemark\ }}
\newcommand{\HR}{\bigskip%
        {\centering\noindent\large\sloppy * * *\par}%
        \bigskip%
}
\renewcommand*\theenumi{(\alph{enumi})}
\renewcommand\labelenumi{\theenumi}
\end_preamble
\language czech
\inputencoding auto
\fontscheme pslatex
\graphics default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\papersize Default
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 0
\use_amsmath 0
\use_natbib 1
\use_numerical_citations 0
\paperorientation portrait
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation indent
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle default

\layout Standard

Žluťoučký kůň úpěl ďábelské ódy.
\layout Standard

Byl pozdní večer, první máj,
\layout Standard

večerní máj byl lásky čas, kde borový zaváněl háj.
\the_end