On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 08:26:38AM -0600, Jose wrote:
> I have been using lyx for a few months (in windows and in linux). I
> looked at the web page yesterday and I found that lyx 1.3.0 was
> available.  I downloaded the new version and follow the procedure step
> by step to install it in windows.  I also changed my latex from Miktex
> to fptex.

What happens with new LyX and Miktex?

> > One error detected
> >You should try to fix it
>
> and the error is:
> >LaTeX Error: File 'Float.sty' not found.

I don't think usual style files contain uppercase characters in their name.
What does your .tex look like? Does it contain the 'Float.sty'?

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)