On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 08:18:51AM -0700, Chris Carlen wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'm going to give this one last shot, before I give up on the math
> editor for this particular problem, and write in plain LaTeX.
>
> I want to show an four line equation, in which each equation has
> fractional expressions.  Also, I want a left brace delimiter around the
> whole thing.

1. Open the document dialog, and press teh "use AMS math button"
2. Use the menu Insert->Math->cases (or type \cases and then space)
3. Put a_\omega in the first cell, and '=\frac...' in the second
(no need to use \displaystyle)
4. Press ctrl+enter for a new row of equation inside the cases
(in some version of LyX you might need to use M-m w i).