Dekel Tsur wrote:
On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 08:18:51AM -0700, Chris Carlen wrote:

Hi:

I'm going to give this one last shot, before I give up on the math editor for this particular problem, and write in plain LaTeX.

I want to show an four line equation, in which each equation has fractional expressions. Also, I want a left brace delimiter around the whole thing.

1. Open the document dialog, and press teh "use AMS math button"
2. Use the menu Insert->Math->cases (or type \cases and then space)
3. Put a_\omega in the first cell, and '=\frac...' in the second
(no need to use \displaystyle)
4. Press ctrl+enter for a new row of equation inside the cases
(in some version of LyX you might need to use M-m w i).

Thanks for your reply.

Maybe you can read my reply to Johnathan Burchill.

I doscovered that the \cases environment still results in the fractional expressions too close vertically. Actually, it spaces the fractions better until you use \displaysize, which is still needed to get the fractions big.

Good day!

--
Christopher R. Carlen