Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I am doing this in prosper and it comes up fine just far too big so you only see a small proportion of it. As I have never used ERT before I have no idea how to change the size. I have attached a simple test file.

Any help very much appreciated.
Cheers,
Raphael

Robin Turner wrote:

Raphael Clifford wrote:

I am trying to copy a table from an existing tex file. How would I produce this in lyx? Can I import just that bit of latex code somehow?

\begin{table}[ht]
\caption{Post-construction average time complexities for 5 different problems
using standard and distributed suffix trees with $k$ computing nodes. $r$ is
the number of strings for the All Pairs Suffix-Prefix problem and the number
of patterns for Exact Set Matching.}
\centering
\begin{tabular}{||c|c|c||}\hline
Problem&\multicolumn{2}{c||}{Expected Running Time}\\ \cline{2-3}
&Standard ST (Serial)&Distributed ST (Parallel)\\\hline
LCS and ELM &$O(n)$&$O(n/k)$\\
Maximal Repeat Finding & $O(n)$&$O(n/k)$\\
All Pairs Suffix-Prefix&$O(n+r^2)$&$O((n+r^2)/k)$\\
Exact Set Matching&$O(r\log n)$&$O((r\!\log n)/k)$\\
\hline
\end{tabular}

\end{table}

Easy - just click the TeX button and insert your LaTeX into the red box that comes up (assuming you're using a relatively recent version of LyX). I just checked it - it came out fine for me in 1.3.2.

Robin

#LyX 1.3 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 221
\textclass prosper-by-Weiss
\language english
\inputencoding auto
\fontscheme default
\graphics default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\papersize Default
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 0
\use_amsmath 0
\use_natbib 0
\use_numerical_citations 0
\paperorientation portrait
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation indent
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle default

\layout Slide

test slide
\layout Standard

\begin_inset ERT
status Open

\layout Standard

\backslash
begin{table}[ht]
\backslash
caption{Post-construction average time complexities for 5 different problems using
standard and distributed suffix trees with $k$ computing nodes.  $r$ is the number of
strings for the All Pairs Suffix-Prefix problem and the number of patterns for Exact
Set Matching.}
\backslash
centering
\backslash
begin{tabular}{||c|c|c||}
\backslash
hline Problem&
\backslash
multicolumn{2}{c||}{Expected Running Time}
\backslash

\backslash

\backslash
cline{2-3} &Standard ST (Serial)&Distributed ST (Parallel)
\backslash

\backslash

\backslash
hline LCS and ELM &$O(n)$&$O(n/k)$
\backslash

\backslash
 Maximal Repeat Finding & $O(n)$&$O(n/k)$
\backslash

\backslash
 All Pairs Suffix-Prefix&$O(n+r2)$&$O((n+r2)/k)$
\backslash

\backslash
 Exact Set Matching&$O(r
\backslash