Hello!

El Martes, 1 de Julio de 2003 01:22, Robin Turner escribió:
> Is it possible to make different words (or forms of the same word) point
> to the same index entry while including all the original words in the
> index?  For example, I can make "simulacrum" and "simulacra" have the
> same entry by usng the same index label, but I can only then have one
> word in the index; i.e.,
>
> simulacrum, 6, 8, 16

You can find the solution in the LaTeX documentation. You've got some
posibilities:

If you want the output something like

> simulacra, simulacrum, 6, 8, 16

the only thing you have to do is to use the following keyword in the index
entry:  "simulacra, simulacrum", every time that word appears. (I think it
could be a little annoying)

However, if you'd like an output like

> simulacra - see simulacrum
> simulacrum, 6, 8, 16

you always have to use the keyword "simulacrum" wherever you need a reference.
You only have to add an index entry with the keyword
"simulacra|see{simulacrum}", or "simulacra!\ |see{simulacrum}", at any place
in the document (only once).

The word "see" is compulsory. It'll be translated to your language when you
get the DVI or PDF file.

If you want more information, go to
http://www-h.eng.cam.ac.uk/help/tpl/textprocessing/makeindex.dvi
You have to put the word(s) between brackets in the keyword of the index
entry. e.g. If you see \index{bites!vegetable}, you have to use the words
bites!vegetable as keyword.

I wish it help you.
Regards,
        RAFA.