Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
Fernando Perez wrote:

Crash mode: start new document, press Alt-I-S (insert special character).
The 'Special' menu entry does NOT get highlighted, as it should.  Now,
press right arrow.  Lyx crashes.

It's a qt bug. I can reproduce this kind of crash with any qt or kde app of my choice (kmail, knode, konqueror, qtdesigner). I have sent a bug report to trolltech, but I suspect there is nothing we can do about it.

You're right, I just tested knode and I get the same crash. It always seems to occur if you try to open with the keyboard a menu entry which itself has a submenu. The submenu doesn't get highlighted, but when you press right arrow, the crash occurs.

Oh well, at least now you know it's not a lyx-specific bug. It's kind of funny that this hasn't been detected before, considering how widespread KDE is. I can see lyx users not having run into it, since lyx-qt is still new and the lyx user base is much smaller than the KDE one. I hope the trolltech team gives you some response.

BTW: Are you all using qt 3.1.2?

Yup: qt-3.1.2-7.fdr.0.rh80

This rpm is from freshrpms.org.

Best,