Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"Marcin" == Marcin Bukat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Marcin> Current behavor is ok unless You work on the same document on
Marcin> few different machines (home/work for example).

Could you give a more precise example on the kind of document
hierarchy that you use?

The question wasn't to me, but here's a simple example where absolute paths are a problem: suppose I work on the same lyx doc at my work computer and on my laptop. At work, $HOME is /usr/users/fperez, on my laptop it's /usr/local/home/fperez. If the figure paths are absolute, the document won't work correctly in one of the two computers. I can work around that by making fake symlinks to simulate the paths, but it's kind of a clunky solution.

HTH.

Best,

f.