Fernando> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> [...]
Marcin> Current behavor is ok unless You work on the same document on
Marcin> few different machines (home/work for example).
>> Could you give a more precise example on the kind of document
>> hierarchy that you use?

Fernando> The question wasn't to me, but here's a simple example where
Fernando> absolute paths are a problem: suppose I work on the same lyx
Fernando> doc at my work computer and on my laptop. At work, $HOME is
Fernando> /usr/users/fperez, on my laptop it's /usr/local/home/fperez.
Fernando> If the figure paths are absolute, the document won't work
Fernando> correctly in one of the two computers. I can work around
Fernando> that by making fake symlinks to simulate the paths, but it's
Fernando> kind of a clunky solution.

This is why LyX tries to use relative paths when it think it is
reasonable (of course there is a bug in the qt port in 1.3.2, but this
will be fixed in 1.3.3).

JMarc