Ronald> On Sunday, July 6, 2003, at 08:18 AM, John Levon wrote:

>>> A user has pointed out that the LyX (Qt/MacOSX) port to the Aqua
>>> interface crashes abruptly if the Navigate menu is clicked while
>>> viewing the Tutoral. I confirmed the bug.
>>  Backtrace please

Ronald> It turns out that this bug was introduced by Jean-Marc's fix
Ronald> for the minor bug that causes the Preferences menu in LyX/Aqua
Ronald> (which is under LyX in the toolbar, following Qt/macOSX
Ronald> convention) to not show up until the Edit menu is clicked. I'm
Ronald> backing the "fix" out of the source distribution, and will
Ronald> change the binary distribution as well as soon as I hear from
Ronald> Jean-Marc. --

Hello,

Yes, I noticed the problem this week end and I know what the problem
is. I will try to send you an alternative patch today. Other things
that I noticed:

- reLyX is not installed.

- it seems that I cannot get reconfigure to work, but since I cannot
  see the console output, I do not know what is wrong. Do you know how
  it is possible to get this output? Running configure by hand from
  the .lyx directory works, however.

- with french local, qt dirty tricks to move menus fail miserably,
  since we translate menus before qt sees them. I do not know what we
  can do about it (to see how stupid qt is: I cannot write a qt
  program in french and assume that it will work on the mac).

I'll send a patch as soon as possible.

JMarc