Ingar Pareliussen wrote:
Torsdag 4. september 2003 17:52, skreiv Razvan Racasanu:

I'm trying to insert some graphic beneeth some text. The graphic file is in
".eps" format. When I export the file to dvi or pdf, the graphic is
overlapping the text above it although in Lyx it is shown correctly. The
document class is book (AMS) and the Lyx version is 1.3.2. What can I do to
display the graphic beneeth the text and avoid the overlapping.

I have the same problem, with some documents, exporting them to dvi with LyX 1.2.3.

Try toggeling the "clip to bounding box" in the graphics-dialog to on. However, I must untoggeld the "clip to bounding box" when exporting to pdf or else my figure are clipped. But then the pdf is ok.

A year ago there was a related discussion on the Grace mailing-list. Now they have a FAQ stating this:

7.26 When I include an EPS file generated by Grace into my (La)TeX document, the graphic hides some of the surrounding text.

LaTeX does not do hard clipping of EPS files unless instructed to do so. Use \includegraphics*{filename} and NOT \includegraphics{filename} (package graphics) or \includegraphics[clip]{filename} (package graphicx). If using the epsf package, remember to include the \epsfclipon flag (but note that the epsf package is obsolet and buggy and not maintained by the LaTeX team and in general should not be used).

http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Grace/doc/FAQ.html#ss7.26

Hope this helps.
Ronald