On Monday, October 6, 2003, at 03:57 PM, Paul Smith wrote:

View -> your preference (dvi, ps, pdf). Isn't the purpose of ERT to make
lyx do something not built into it, but within the capacity of LaTeX?

But, if one wants to change the pasted LaTeX parts without manipulating the
LaTeX lines corresponding to the ERT?...

This may be relevant: I found that when I imported latex file into lyx (I think by opening the original text file, but I'm not sure now), I had lots of equations that weren't showing as equations or ERT or anything in particular. I found that I could highlight the equation and then tell LyX it was an equation (I used the insert button) and low and behold I had an equation that I hadn't had to retype.

Lenore Horner