On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Kayvan A. Sylvan wrote:

> The signature must come *before* the closing. It's confusing, but that is
> how the LaTeX letter style works.

Kayvan,

  Oh ... OK. Now that you mention it I recall that from several years ago
when I considered doing letters in LaTeX.

  If LyX was to be more widely adopted in the business world (and a
colleague out here would like to see it replace Microsoft Word in offices),
then it would be worth considering allowing the user to enter the signature
and closing in "traditional" order and handle any requisite switching in the
background.

Thanks very much,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President