On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 02:00:01PM +0100, Martijn Brouwer wrote:
> I have a document created wiht Scientific Word, and exported as
> portable tex document. Together with the tcilatex file, it compiles
> correctly,

Export as 'Clean LaTeX'.

> but how can I read it in lyx?

And try both reLyX and recent tex2lyx on the result. tex2lyx should be
quite a bit better, but there are a few corner cases were reLyX is
better.

> Is there a nice script that replaces SW macros like \unit{} with
> normal tex commands?

You could simply define a \unit macro that does what you need without
translating it at all. Apart from that,

 perl -pi -e 's:\\unit{}:whatever:g'

should do as 'script'.

> What is the correct way to insert units anyways?

*shrug*

Andre'
--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have,
nor do they deserve, either one.     (T. Jefferson or B. Franklin or both...)