On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 04:03:20PM -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Christian Ridderström wrote:
>
> > Hi, I'm not sure what your problem is, but I put an example here:
> >
> >     http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/Examples/InsertMatrix
>
> Christian,
>
>   Thank you. As I wrote in response to the previous reply, I missed the
> matrix button.

There are may diferent ways. You get an 1x1 matrix e.g. by simply typing
\array<space> in math and can add rows and colums with either the menus
or M-m w i / M-m c i

> However, I still cannot get the brackets around it.

There are many different ways. E.g. by adding them with the delimiter
sub-panel of the math panel. Or use M-x math-delim [ ]. Or start with an
1x1 'bracketed array' by typing  \bmatrix. Or..

Andre'