On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Robin Turner wrote:

> >> Definitely interested.
> > Me too.

> around who are prepared to put in the time, I'd say "yay, go for it!"

  Allow me to enter a contrarian opinion: No. Until I get it turned off in
OO.o such behavior is very annoying. When I write I am focusing on the
content; the first draft may well be a stream of thoughts that pours out. I
do _not_ want an application that pretends to be smarter than I am and
corrects things on the fly. It breaks my concentration and slows me down.

  If such a feature is implemented so that it's off by default but can be
invoked for those who want to use it then I've absolutely no objections.
But, I would not support having such behavior as the default.

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)