Herbert Voss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> A. L. Meyers wrote:
>> Hello.  Was using the GNU/Debian/Linux package of Lyx for a long time
>> without any problems.  Recently, when opening old Lyx documents or
>> trying to make a new one using a template, I consistently get error
>> messages like the subject line above, "unknown text class".
>> As I use Lyx as a standard "production" app, this is annoying.  Any
>> pointers and/or advice much appreciated.
>
> happens sometimes, when open an old doc.  Often an old document class
> is not available after an update of teTeX.
> Could you show such a document or at least the beginning
> of the LyX doc?
>
> Herbert

Maybe, Herbert, but I think not in this case.  Reason:

1. When doing Layout, Document and clicking the class button, I see only
   article, book, letter, linuxdoc and report.

2. View, Tex Information, LaTex classes, on the contrary, shows many
   other classes including g-brief, about 50 in all.

Somehow lyx is not "seeing" the additional classes.

Lux
--
If you receive this by error, please delete it and inform the sender.
Key fingerprint: 8994 CFDD 9C60 C978 A488 689F 5DCC EFC4 4D36 580D