I have a rather complicated matrix that I would like to reproduce within
my book as a figure or a table. It comes from a document I have as a .pdf
file. I've clipped out this one page (in The GIMP) and saved it as a .jpg
image, but it looks terrible on the typeset page. I've tried going from .ps
to .eps, then running the output through eps2eps. However, the result is 10x
larger than the original .ps file!

  The gzipped .jpg is 68+K. Should I attach that to a message so folks can
see what I have here? I'm looking for the most expeditious way of getting a
reproduction as a readable figure/table.

TIA,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President