[posted and mailed]

Vivek Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> I tried to follow the recommendations on the list re configuring
> ruurd's lyx 1.3.3 native win32 port.
> In particular
> 1. the installation in c:\proggies.
> 2. changing the path to include the lyx.exe is in the path
> 3. installing and replacing the sed application in lyx\bin by the
> latest GNU sed 4.0.7
> 4.configure does not work and the following is the output in the log
> file.
>
> Further if I try to use lyx it works OK except when using the memoir
> classes when lyx.exe crashes, the same behaviour is noted in the
> cygwin port 1.3.1
>
> I use Win XP professional
>
> Any help from the experts is appreciated.
>
> kind regards
>
> Vivek
>

> C:/proggies/lyx/share/lyx/configure
> \proggies\lyx\share\lyx\..\..\bin;C:\proggies\lyx\bin\;c:\program
> files\imagemag
> ick-5.5.6-q16;C:\Perl\bin\;C:\texmf\miktex\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\W
> INDOWS;C: \WINDOWS\system32\WBEM;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI
> Control Panel;C:\Pr
> ogram Files\Common Files\Adaptec
> Shared\System;C:\cygwin;c:\localtexmf;C:\cygwin
> \bin;C:\Program Files\j2sdk_nb\j2sdk1.4.2\bin
> Usage: C:\proggies\lyx\bin\sed.exe [OPTION]...
> {script-only-if-no-other-script}
> [input-file]...
>
>    -n, --quiet, --silent
>                   suppress automatic printing of pattern space
>    -e script, --expression=script
>                   add the script to the commands to be executed
>    -f script-file, --file=script-file
>                   add the contents of script-file to the commands to
>                   be
> executed
>    -i[suffix], --in-place[=suffix]
>                   edit files in place (makes backup if extension
>                   supplied)
>    -l N, --line-length=N
>                   specify the desired line-wrap length for the `l'
>                   command
>    -r, --regexp-extended
>                   use extended regular expressions in the script.
>    -s, --separate
>                   consider files as separate rather than as a single
> continuous
>                   long stream.
>    -u, --unbuffered
>                   load minimal amounts of data from the input files
>                   and
> flush
>                   the output buffers more often
>        --help     display this help and exit
>    -V, --version  output version information and exit
>
> If no -e, --expression, -f, or --file option is given, then the first
> non-option argument is taken as the sed script to interpret.  All
> remaining arguments are names of input files; if no input files are
> specified, then the standard input is read.
>
> E-mail bug reports to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] .
> Be sure to include the word ``sed'' somewhere in the ``Subject:''
> field. Usage: C:\proggies\lyx\bin\sed.exe [OPTION]...
> {script-only-if-no-other-script}
> [input-file]...

> [...]

Are you sure this is sed 4.0.7?  What happens if you open a DOS prompt
and type sed --version?

-- Paul

Paul A. Rubin                                  Phone:    (517) 432-3509
Department of Management                       Fax:      (517) 432-1111
The Eli Broad Graduate School of Management    E-mail:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Michigan State University                      http://www.msu.edu/~rubin/
East Lansing, MI  48824-1122  (USA)
Mathematicians are like Frenchmen:  whenever you say something to them,
they translate it into their own language, and at once it is something
entirely different.                                    J. W. v. GOETHE