> field. Usage: C:\proggies\lyx\bin\sed.exe [OPTION]...
> {script-only-if-no-other-script}
> [input-file]...
>
>    -n, --quiet, --silent
>                   suppress automatic printing of pattern space
>    -e script, --expression=script
>                   add the script to the commands to be executed
>    -f script-file, --file=script-file
>                   add the contents of script-file to the commands to
>                   be
> executed
>    -i[suffix], --in-place[=suffix]
>                   edit files in place (makes backup if extension
>                   supplied)
>    -l N, --line-length=N
>                   specify the desired line-wrap length for the `l'
>                   command
>    -r, --regexp-extended
>                   use extended regular expressions in the script.
>    -s, --separate
>                   consider files as separate rather than as a single
> continuous
>                   long stream.
>    -u, --unbuffered
>                   load minimal amounts of data from the input files
>                   and
> flush
>                   the output buffers more often
>        --help     display this help and exit
>    -V, --version  output version information and exit
>
> If no -e, --expression, -f, or --file option is given, then the first
> non-option argument is taken as the sed script to interpret.  All
> remaining arguments are names of input files; if no input files are
> specified, then the standard input is read.
>
> E-mail bug reports to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] .
> Be sure to include the word ``sed'' somewhere in the ``Subject:''
> field. configure: error: cannot find chkconfig.ltx script

Are you sure this is sed 4.0.7?  What happens if you open a DOS prompt
and type sed --version?

This definitely is a real problem, I was seeing this too on Win2k with sed 4.0.9 if I just replaced the .exe and .dll's in the lyx/bin directory. Installing sed with the GnuWin32 installer worked fine and I still can't figure out what the difference is. See

Milos