On  6.06.04, Charlls Quarra wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I have to format the main page of my thesis according
> to the following scheme:
>
> <page>
>    <logo of the university.eps>
>         <university name>
> </page>

>  Right now the problem i have is with the eps: i
> created a figure float with the logo .eps at 20% of
> scale so its not big than the 8% of the page height.
> But _NO MATTER_ what options i use in the figure (here
> definitely, top of page, etc) the logo float will take
> the whole first page for its own (in other words, the
> rest of the text will be displaced to the next page)

Did you try not using a float at all? (as a float is something that is
floating but you want it at a special place). What happens if you put the
eps graphic inset directly into the title paragraph?

layout title:          insert>Graphik logo.eps  [Ctrl-Return]
                           University of my Town

layout author:         Me

It looks like you are using the Title, Author, ... commands that create a
TeX-formatted titlepage. These are very sensitive to all non-compatible
commands --- these will push the titlepage to the second page :-(

If the first approach fails, you could try to use the "freeform titlepage"
environment with ERT: \begin{titlepage}
                             Uni
                             Name
                 ERT: \end{titlepage}

and format with visual markup according to the regulations.

Günter

G.Milde at web.de