On  8.06.04, Charlls Quarra wrote:

> i cannot find a way to insert the \align center lyx
> commands from lyx, did you added them editing the .lyx
> directly or there is some hidden command in the
> application?

Format>Paragraph>Alignment  (Format>Absatz>Ausrichtung in my German LyX)
is a choice list of possible alignments.

>  Oops!
>
>  i tried adding the same structure of your example to
> my book document, ie:
>
>  ERT \begin{titlepage}
>  stuff
>  ERT \end{titlepage}
>  the rest of the stuff
>
>  but it wont compile giving errors related to
> "\begin{document} being closed by a
> \end{center}.\begin{center}\end{center}" (???)

I had the same problem when creating the example. Marking "stuff"
and set Format>Paragraph>Align to block helped. As this is not, what I
wanted, I changed it again to centered and it kept working.

Remember, that the "titlepage" environment is incompatible with Title,
Author, and Date layouts! Change these to Standard.

If nothing helps, take out the "stuff" and try starting with very simple
examples (standard paragraph, align=block).

Also, try with a small example file (say first page of your "rest of
stuff", so compiling works fast and experimenting makes fun ;-)

Hola

Günter

G.Milde at web.de