On  2.07.04, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, Elver Loho wrote:
>
> > While LyX has a very fine LaTeX class for doing just that, it seems to
> > lack hotkeys. Changing styles with the keyboard seems to be impossible,
>

>   Wander over to ~/.lyx/bind/ and look at the files there: cua.bind and
> emacs.bind. You are welcome to modify them to your heart's content. Just as
> a suggestion, copy one of them (say, 'cua.bind') to another file (oh,
> 'my.bind' would do), then fiddle with the latter. When the music suits you,
> you're all set.

You can also set up a new 'my.bind' and input one of the standard bind-files
with
  \bind_file cua.bind
or
  \bind_file emacs.bind
This way, your basis will always be an actual standard bind-file.

>   Go to Edit->Preferences->Look n' Feel->Bind file and change that to the
> one you want to use. Then run Edit->Reconfigure, exit LyX and restart it.

IMHO, an Edit->Reconfigure is not even necessary. (But will do no harm.)

Now on to the real problem: There is only one keybindings set for a whole
variety of Layouts. This makes assigning keys to the styles a bit
complicated:

A keybinding to LandscapeSlide is "lost", for any Layout that is not
Seminar. That is why the standard keybindings do not include hotkeys for
"exotic" styles.

I use seminar quite often, so I have

# New Layout Styles for Seminar
\bind "M-a f"           "layout LandscapeSlide"
\bind "M-a S-F"         "layout PortraitSlide"
\bind "M-a S-F"         "layout EndOfSlide"
\bind "M-a h"           "layout SlideHeading"
\bind "M-a S-H"         "layout SlideSubHeading"

in my gm.bind. (People who (almost) never use seminar would find these
bindings needless/annoying.) However, if you are going to write
screenplays on a regular basis, consider doing similar for the very fine
LaTeX class.

sincerely

Günter

G.Milde at web.de