[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello!

May I ask you a question?

I have a 40 pages document with 2 lyx errors in it. The lyx latex error notes appear
at the very begining of the document they are: missing $ inserted and bad math
environment delimiter. The first math formula appears many pages later and the error
appeared during the time I was working on chapters in the middle of the document. So I
do not understand where the errors could be. I tried to go to the tmpdir and to run
pdflatex directly, but it was compiling fine, but the index of the resulting file had
a strange line. So I checked it and found \( and \) in an index field I removed them
and it is now compiling fine with lyx !!

What bug fighting strategy do you recomend in this kind of case?

With problematic compilation errors, the best thing is often to export the document as LaTeX, then run "latex" on it.

Robin

--
"Don't be lucid and ironic; people will turn this against you to show that you aren't a nice person."
- Albert Camus

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Universitesi