> > What bug fighting strategy do you recomend in this
> kind of case?

Here is what I do.

First!  I make a backup copy of the .lyx file!

Then I take the original .lyx and start deleting
pages.   I work backwards, deleting most recently
added content.   Each time I delete something I try to
view->dvi to see if it works.    I keep doing the
delete and view until I find where the bug is.

Once I know where the bug is I make another copy of
the original file and only delete that last section or
page that is now known to be the problem area.
Then I again see if I get a good view.    If I do,
then I'm sure to know where the bug is.

Now I go back to the original file again and keep
trying to narrow it down further and further.
I have found that the most likely spots of trouble are
graphics and tables for me.   So sometimes the problem
narrows down to a particular cell,minipage, margin
note, etc.

The best thing I have found to do is to frequently
view->DVI as you add content.   Then you won't be
surprised with errors at the end of the day.

Phil